International Seminar-Workshop-Wellness through Ayurveda will be organized at Rishikesh on 3-4th October 2015..Please Register your self at http://ayushdarpan.org
Previous issues of AYUSH DARPAN in Hindi is now available online visit:http://ayushdarpan.org

मंगलवार, 21 दिसंबर 2010

Three doshas

Three doshas

  
  

Doshas are the 3 energies that govern the body; Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
At conception, we were created with a unique blend of the 5 great elements (ether, air, fire, water, earth).
That unique blend is called our Prakruti or Individual Body Constitution.
Our Prakruti is a combination of the Three Doshas vata (ether + air), pitta (fire + water), and kapha (water + earth). Since Prakruti is made of the 3 Doshas, knowing what your Dosha(s) is, is key to maintaining your health.

Once we know what Doshas are dominant in us, we know what our balanced state should be. This is extremely important because with this knowledge we are able to notice when the body goes out of balance AND we know how to bring it back to balance. Since we are little beings of nature and are made of the same 5 elements, we can use the opposite elements to bring us back to balance.
As per Ayurved, like increases like, therefore too much “like” will cause aggravations that could lead to disease.

For example, if you are a Pitta person (who naturally has more heat) and you are eating spicy foods in the hot summer, your Pitta Dosha will increase and could create heartburn or maybe a skin rash (heating diseases). To balance it, you would use the opposite qualities by eat cooling foods and cooling drinks.

Another example would be a Vata person eating salads in the fall/winter. The cold and dry qualities increase of the salad increase the cold and dry qualities of Vata, thus increasing Vata Dosha which causes disorders like anxiety, dry skin, constipation, etc., To keep Vata balanced, keeping warm and moist in fall/winter is their best bet.

An example of excess Kapha would be eating curd or yogurt in the spring. Kapha is sticky, wet and heavy, So when the weather is sticky, wet and heavy, and the curd or yogurt has the same qualities, you get increased Kapha Dosha. It creates imbalances like chest congestion (mucus), allergies, lethargy. To cut through Kapha and get it moving, have warm and spicy liquids.

So basically disease is caused by the body going out of  harmony span with it’s natural state, when we know what that natural state is, we have the ability to keep ourselves free of disease. Take the test to find out your dosha, whether you are Vata, Pitta, Kapha or any combination of the three. Once you know, you can make decisions accordingly to keep your body, mind, and soul totally balanced and healthy.

To determine your Prakruti (Body Constitution)
  
Choose answers based on the state of your natural being throughout your life.
The focus is you, the real you, not what happens to be true recently, nor what you wish to be. You may float between two answers and in that case, pick both. Add up the totals for each v, p, and k at the end.
The test will tell you if you are Vata, Pitta, Kapha or any combination of the three.

1. Physique
v) I am a slender person and I hardly gain weight.
p) I am medium build.
k) I am well built and I gain weight no matter what I do.

2. Skin
v) My skin is dry, thin, and itches often.
p) My skin looks flushed; I have lots of moles and freckles on my body.
k) My skin is smooth and soft, it looks pale sometimes.

3. Hair
v) My hair is dry, thin and brittle.
p) My hair is neither dry nor oily (men, receding hairline).
k) My hair is thick, full, lustrous, and slightly oily.

4. Face
v) My face is oval.
p) My face is triangular (pointed chin, prominent jaw line).
k) My face is round.

5. Eyes
v) My eyes are small; they feel dry often and have a bit of dullness (usually brown).
p) My eyes are medium in shape; sharp & penetrating (usually blue).
k) My eyes are big and round in shape, full eyelashes.

6. Hands
v) My hands are generally dry, rough; slender fingers; dry nails.
p) My hands are generally moist, pink; medium fingers; soft nails.
k) My hands are generally firm, thick; thick fingers; strong & smooth nails.

7. Joints
v) My joints are small, prominent bones, and often crack.
p) My joints are medium and loose.
k) My joints are large, sturdy, with lots of muscle surrounding.

8. Activities
v) I am a very active person (always on the go, mind constantly thinking).
p) I like to think before I do anything.
k) I am steady and graceful (I don’t like to rush).

9. Actions
v) I walk fast and talk fast.
p) My actions are very thoughtful and precise.
k) I like a slower pace and I take my time to accomplish things.

10. Sleep
v) I do not sleep soundly at night. I tend to toss and turn. I wake up early in the morning.
p) I am a light sleeper but if something wakes me up, I can go back to sleep easily.
k) I am a heavy sleeper. Early to bed and early to rise.

11. Appetite
v) Varies, sometimes I feel hungry, sometimes not, I feel anxious if I don’t eat.
p) I always feel hungry. If I don’t eat I get irritable and angry.
k) I don’t feel very hungry. I can go without food easily for a day.

12. Bowel Movement
v) I tend to have constipation and can go a day or two without a bowel movement.
p) I am regular and sometimes stools are loose (tend to get diarrhea).
k) I have no problem. I wake up to go to the bathroom.

13. Voice
v) My voice tends to be weak or hoarse.
p) I have a strong voice, I may get loud sometimes.
k) My voice is deep, has good tone.

14. Emotions
v) I am a born worrier, I often feel anxious and nervous.
p) If things don’t happen my way, I feel irritable and angry.
k) I am a happy person, very caring and loving.

15. Weather Preference
v) I love warm and humid weather.
p) I enjoy cool weather, I dislike a warm climate.
k) I like warm but dry weather.

16. Sweating
v) I sweat little but not much.
p) I sweat profusely and it might have an unpleasant odour.
k) I never sweat, unless working very hard.

17. Memory
v) I remember quickly and forget quickly.
p) I remember what I want to remember and grasp early and usually do not forget.
k) It takes me a while to remember, but once I do I never forget.

18. Actions
v) I tend to be spontaneous.
p) I am a list maker. Unless I plan, I don’t do anything.
k) I don’t like to plan, I prefer to follow others. Slow and steady.

19. Stamina
v) I like to do things in spurts and I get tired very easily.
p) I have medium stamina.
k) I can work long hours and maintain good stamina.

20. Mind
v) My mind gets restless easily (it starts racing).
p) I get impatient easily.
k) It takes a lot to make me mad. I usually feel very calm.

21. Decision Making
v) I change my mind more often and will take time to make a decision.
p) I can make a decision easily and stick with it.
k) I want others to make the decisions.

22. Personality
v) “can I change my mind”?
p) “it’s my way or the highway”
k) “don’t worry be happy”

23. Sports
v) I like action.
p) I like to win.
k) I like to have fun.

24. Health Problems
v) My symptoms are mainly pain, constipation, anxiety and depression.
p) I often get skin infections, fevers, heart burn, hypertension.
k) I tend to get allergies, congestion, weight gain and digestive problems.

25. Hobbies
v) I like art (drawing, painting, dance) and travel.
p) I like sports, politics, and things that get my adrenaline pumping.
k) I like nature, gardening, reading, and knitting.

Total up your v’s, p’s and k’s and see which dosha(s) are dominant in you !!
Curious and genuinely interested people can contact for the cause of Health.



Vaidya - DEEPAK SHIRUDE
AAROGYA NIKETAN
Bapushree, 9/1, Sane Guruji Colony,
Behind collector bunglow,
JALGAON, M.S., India.425002
09423488753

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें